Why should Missouri children get outside?
- The Missouri outdoors provide many opportunities for children. Connecting children to nature helps foster a lifelong appreciation of the plants and animals that live around us, and can make children better future stewards of our precious natural resources.
- Childhood obesity has more than tripled in the past 30 years according to the CDC. Getting outside can help reduce obesity rates and lower stress levels by getting active. It can be as simple as a walk around the block or a bike ride on a local trail. The outdoors provides a perfect backdrop for active living and healthy minds!
- Being outdoors playing in nature stimulates creativity, improves problem solving by observing and asking question, which improves concentration; all things that can help children succeed!
- Missouri offers many places to experience the great outdoors! From parks to playgrounds or exploring your backyard, there are many options to keep things fun and interesting.
- The benefits from nature activities are endless. It’s time to experience the fun. Get out and explore!