How To Get Involved
Explore Nature in Missouri
Children in Nature Resources
- Children & Nature Network – Building a movement to reconnect children and nature.
- Last Child in the Woods – Saving our children from nature-deficit disorder.
- Nature Rocks – Nature Rocks is a national program to inspire and empower families to play and explore in nature.
- Kaboom PlayDays 2010 – KaBOOM! is a national non-profit dedicated to saving play for America’s children.
- Let’s Move– Let’s Move! is a comprehensive initiative, launched by the First Lady, dedicated to solving the challenge of childhood obesity within a generation, so that children born today will grow up healthier and able to pursue their dreams.
- Missouri Botanical Garden – The Garden is a center for botanical research and science education, as well as an oasis in the city of St. Louis.
- Powell Gardens – Powell Gardens is a private, not-for-profit botanical garden located just east of Kansas City, Missouri.
- Audubon Society – Audubon’s Mission: To conserve and restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds, other wildlife, and their habitats for the benefit of humanity and the earth’s biological diversity.
- Sierra Club – Since 1892, the Sierra Club has been working to protect communities, wild places, and the planet itself.
- The Nature Conservancy – The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people.
- Missouri Park & Recreation Association-Missouri Park & Recreation Association (MPRA) works to ensure the growth and improve the quality and accessibility of urban and rural parks, open spaces and recreational lands, facilities and programs for all Missourians.
Things to Do at Missouri State Parks
Find a state park
Click the map above to find a state park nearby and start you next outdoor adventure!